Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Was So Sick of It

I noticed lately that songs weren't always about love. I mean, well, there were still some love songs, but at least they were not the kind of "I love you, you love me, we're one big happy family" love songs. Or, maybe, it was just that my playlist was loaded with songs that were not the mushy-mushy kind of love songs. Yeah, I guess this is the most appropriate reason. Most of the songs were about life in general. Some of my latest favorites are:

Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
Okay, okay, this might be a love song, but it has a bit of a twist at the end of the song. Just listen to the lyric.

No Such Thing - John Mayer
Ever felt like you were being cheated by your parents, your teachers, and older people in general? Ever felt like they were lying to you about life and the world? Ever felt like they were just scaring you so that you'll take the safer, easier, path in life? These are what this song are all about.

Stop This Train - John Mayer
Gee, John Mayer again? Anyways, this one song is all about feeling like your life is speeding by you, that everything you know and everyone you cared for are changing faster and faster, and that all you want is just to stop the time, smell the roses and be with the people and things you are familiar with...for just a moment. But there's nothing you can do. Just ride the train. A tear jerker...Now I feel really old...

Drive - Incubus
Everyone has fear in their hearts. And many has let it control their lives. This song is all about trying to break free of that fear, even if it means sobering up and being different from other people. If you ever felt like going against the current, like it was just you against the world, listen to this song.

Without a Fight - Hoobastank
A really cool and hyper-upbeat song, knew this one from the game 'Elite Beat Agents'. A wake up call for those who think that there's nothing wrong with their lives. There IS something wrong, man! You're not living your life to the fullest! Wake up! Get yourselves in control of your own lives! Take the risk and jump! The clock's counting down...

On A High - Duncan Sheik
A bit of a love song, but it also tells you about life. People tell you that you need this and that to be happy in your life. This song will tell you that those are just bullshit, happiness is just in the way of you see things in your life. If you're fine, then you're fine...

I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! at the Disco
A very interesting song. Very good and catchy melody, and interesting lyric. It's definitely not a love song. I didn't catch the meaning of the song, but I don't think that that's the point of this song. A really good song with catchy melody and lyric. Watch the music video, it's really good.

Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Geez, I really don't know what's this song is all about, but still a cool song and upbeat :D

Dani California - Red Hot Chili Pepper
RHCP seems to be fond of California (Californication, everyone?). The song is quite good, but what stands out the most is the music video. They imitated many famous groups, such as Aerosmith, the Beatles, Queen, and many more. Very entertaining and funny.

SexyBack and My Love - Justin Timberlake
Catchy dance songs, make ya wanna move your body to the rythm. The music videos for SexyBack and My Love are really cool. Check out the live performance during MTV Music Video award. And no, these songs are definitely not about love. It's about dance, baby, dance!

Something's Missing - John Mayer
Notice the pattern here, folks? Anyways, ever felt like even though you had everything you could ever ask for: fame, fortune, babes, but still feels like there's something important missing in your life? Well, this is what this song is all about...

You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
One very sexy and macho song. Chris Cornell lends his unique voice to make this one of the most memorable Bond theme song. Great Bond-ish melody, great vocal strength, and overall grand melody. And true to the movie, the song portrays a melody that is filled with raw, brute power yet elegant in its delivery. Geez, I'm talking nonsense here, just listen to the song and you'll understand what I'm saying.

September - Earth, Wind and Fire
Another addition from 'Elite Beat Agents', thanks to the game I realized how catchy this song is. It's a bit of a love song, but this one really make you feel like movin' to the beat. Easy listening, yet fun to dance to.

Remember folks, this might not be what the songs are really all about. I'm just seeing it from my eyes and try to relate them to my life. Might mean different things to you guys. Well, there are many more, but it's getting late and I really need my sleep. To end this post, I'll just let you in on my current most favorite, which is related to the title of the post and what this post was all about in the beginning: love songs (or, the lack of them in my current playlist). And this was probably how I felt a couple of months ago, and still do at times. Please welcome Ne-Yo, with 'So Sick'.

Gotta change my answering machine
Now that I'm alone
Cuz right now it says that we
Can't come to the phone
And I know it makes no sense
Cuz you walked out the door
But it's the only way I hear your voice anymore
(it's ridiculous)
It's been months
And for some reason I just
(can't get over us)
And I'm stronger then this
(enough is enough)
No more walkin round
With my head down
I'm so over being blue
Cryin over you

And I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?

Gotta fix that calender I have
That's marked July 15th
Because since there's no more you
There's no more anniversary
I'm so fed up with my thoughts of you
And your memory
And how every song reminds me
Of what used to be

That's the reason I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?

(Leave me alone)
Leave me alone
(Stupid love songs)
Dont make me think about her smile
Or having my first child
Let it go
Turning off the radio

Cuz I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing she was still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?
(why can't I turn off the radio?)

Said I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing she was still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?
(why can't I turn off the radio?)

And I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishin you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
Why can't I turn off the radio?
(why can't I turn off the radio?)
Why can't I turn off the radio?

No comments: