Sunday, October 29, 2006

JBL Creature Speaker II

C'mon, gimme some lovin', my babies...:P


After doing some casual research in the internet, I decided that I want to buy these babies. I was a bit reluctant at first in shelling out about 90 USD, but I went ahead and bought it and it was a very, very good investment. I was thoroughly impressed with the sound quality.

Mike, I'm going to use your own words in this, a'ight? So, a friend of mine (who is quite an audiophile, I'd like to say so myself) gave it a 9 out of 10. Coming from a guy who could tell whether or not a song is ripped in 192 kbps or 128 kbps, I'd just have to take his words for it. "Very good in the mid-range, but it could have been better in the lower and higher range. But hey, that's what DSPs are for, right? Put the speakers around 2 feet away from you for the best sound quality", that was what he said to me (and right now the speaker is actually sitting less than 2 feet away from me ha ha ha, belching out songs from my laptop).

Sound quality aside, these babies are aesthetically...unique. Just take a look at the picture I've inserted in this post. Even though this new version looks exactly the same compared to the original (without 'II' in its name), the design still looks fresh. The original one was in white though.

I would highly recommend this speaker to anyone looking for a high-performance speaker but having a tight budget (or just basically stingy ha ha ha). This one can easily out-perform any other speakers with the same price tag, even more expensive ones. Note for those who are looking for a good speaker for your iPod and don't mind not having the speaker charge your iPod and not having a remote control, you couldn't go wrong with this one. And on the plus side, the speaker can be used for just about any audio equipment that has a 3.5 port.

Now go buy it...if you're looking for a speaker that is ha ha ha.

1 comment:

damex said...

Yo Man. As I said before, nice speaker if you're looking for value :)