Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Lazy Day...

The wind was howling, the rain was beating against the window of my apartment, and for awhile I could feel the building shook. It was my first on-hand experience of a typhoon, and it was quite exciting actually.

They sent us home early today. The office made an announcement that we should go back to our houses/apartments due to the level 3 typhoon (in the Philipines, level 4 is the highest number). I saw a lot of trees fell down due to the wind along the way, some even blocked the road to our apartment. It was a good thing that there was another road that we could use to get to our apartment.

It turned out to be a lazy day. I didn't do anything much, just watched a couple of movies and played video games on my laptop. Dozed off for about an hour. The wind gave me the scare for awhile. But in the end it ended. Such a lovely day.

Too bad I didn't take pictures of the typhoon...

Not doing anything...it is such a wonderful feeling...for a day, I didn't have to worry about anything. I could just let go. It was nice.

Wasting time is such a nice thing, if done at the right time.

So, to honor today's typhoon (and the rest and the lazy day it brought along for me), I'll give you Enya's 'Lazy Days'...

Lazy old day
Rolling away
Dreaming the day away
Don't want to go
Now that I'm in the flow
Crazy amazing day

One red balloon
Floats to the moon
Just let it fly away
I only know
that I'm longing to go
Back to my lazy day

And how it sings and how it sighs
and how it never stays
And how it rings and how it cries
and how it sails away...

No comments: