Monday, September 10, 2007

...Bubbly...

Music Review
Coco
By Colbie Caillat

About a week ago I was surfing the net and I was reading an article in CNET about Apple announcing a new line of iPods (by that time, the CNET reporters were on site in San Francisco attending the event). And sure enough, the next day Apple announced this new line of iPods (the new Nano, the new classic, and the anticipated iPod Touch with iPhone-like capabilities...without the phone) and I went straight for Apple's website.

While trying to pick up my jaws from the floor looking at the pictures of their new line up, I noticed an album that sort of drew my attention. You see, most of the time, Apple puts up a lot of high quality music albums for their iPod ads (still remember U2 adorning the boxes of 5G iPods)? Well, this time I saw Maroon 5's It Won't Be Soon Before Long, KT Tunstall's Drastic Fantastic (I'm planning to get that one as well when it comes out) and well...what's this? Coco? By Colbie Caillat? Strange name...

Went to Amazon, and saw that Coco is Colbie Caillat's debut album. She's apparently quite well known in MySpace for her singing, and the song that helped her popularity was Bubbly. She's got good reviews there in Amazon, and after reading them I must say that I was totally interested in this album. After some looking around, I finally found her album and is now still listening to it while I'm writing this entry.

Fell in love straight away with the first track, Oxygen. After listening to the whole album, I can safely say that all of the songs in this album are great. And yes, Bubbly is a beautiful song. All the songs have that acoustic element, and all are quite relaxing music. The beautiful music, with its simple and relaxing melodies, is the kind that never force your attention away to it. Caillat has a very beautiful, smoky voice that matches perfectly with the music she's singing. Her album's like a naturally beautiful lady that doesn't put on make ups to draw attention. And the mood you get from listening to these songs is like the mood you get from looking at blue skies on a sunny summer's day.

You can see the music video of Bubbly in YouTube. Not bad looking either, this Colbie Caillat. All in all, a great debut album from Caillat that should not be missed by any of her fans in MySpace or by music afficionados in general.

No comments: