Friday, August 03, 2007

Prepare for Glory!

Movie Review
300
Directed by Zack Snyder

*Expletives abound in this review*

Let me start this review by simply saying that 300 rulez!

Fuck those who said that the story sucks or that there's too much violence in this movie. This movie is about coolness. This movie is about action. This movie is about looking good in a minimum amount of attires. This movie is about a bunch of cool-looking Spartans beating the crap out of nasty-looking Persians.

Forget the story. Visual flair takes center stage this time. Every frame in this movie is especially crafted to give it a sense as if the audience is watching a moving comic book (well, it is based on a comic book after all). A treat for the eyes, and what a treat it is!

Acting wise, the actors and actresses are more than adept in displaying the characters in an epic story of an epic battle. Special mention must be made of Gerard Butler, who played King Leonidas. I can not see anyone else better to portray such fury, such determination, such elegance.

It's really nice to see Faramir, ummm, I mean David Wenham playing Dilios in this movie as well.

My only regret is that I didn't see this movie in the big screen. On computer screen, I did. In SQ's in-flight entertainment, I did. I bought the DVD as well, to make up for my sin of not seeing it in the big screen.

Yep, this is a guy movie. You won't find any "You got me at "hello"" in this movie. Go watch it and get your blood boiling. We need more of this kind of movie.

"THIS IS SPARTA!"

No comments: