Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Daemon (The Golden Compass)

I'm looking forward to the release of this movie. I've almost completed reading the trilogy, and from the trailers I've seen so far, it looks quite promising. I think the movie creator added some more visual flairs when it comes to the machineries and architectures from Lyra's world. We'll see how the translation from the book to the movie fares when the movie is released this December 2007. I hope they don't screw it up so that they could release movies for the second and third book, because these are where the storyline picks up pace and shows its true brilliance.

The Golden Compass is book one of the 'His Dark Material' trilogy, written by Philip Pullman. The basic idea of the story is of paralel worlds, mixed with a bit of science and a lot of religious contexts. The story of the trilogy, in my opinion, will draw comparison to another famous movie trilogy from a couple of years back. I'm not going to spoil and say which trilogy I'm referring to. I'm making a book review as soon as I finish reading it, that's for sure.

No comments: