Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DotA Session with the Pinoys

Tired of all the malls and the restaurants here in Manila, I decided to pass the invitation to go to Rockwell (Power Plant Mall) for dinner. I opted instead to wait for my colleagues in my project to finish their work for the day and go out and have some nerdy fun (read: play DotA). To be honest, I suck at playing this game so I was a bit reluctant. However, the next day was a holiday and I have nothing to do (having declined the previous offer to go to dinner), so I thought hey what the heck this might be fun. And the Manila guys are a riot and they're ridiculously funny. So, it should be fun, right?

So, at about 8:30 pm, the six of us left our project building and went to Glorietta by Jeepny. Yep, my first Jeepny ride (I'm actually not sure whether the spelling is correct, though) and it was fun. Just like riding 'microlet' back in my hometown of Jakarta. Wanted to take a picture with my camera but thought better of it (just like Jakarta, it's not safe to show off your personal belongings).

So, we had a Tapa King dinner at Glorietta and went to Greenbelt to look for any internet and LAN game cafe that was still open. Found one finally, and we got to see all the pretty ladies dressing up for the Halloween parties in the many restaurant-slash-night clubs in Greenbelt 2 along the way. Damn, should have taken pictures...Just thought of that now as I was writing this entry...stupid me...

Anyways, credit goes to Christopher for teaching me how to play DotA. At least I got to kick Rexon's and Arvin's butt a couple of times (no hard feeling, guys :D he he he). And it was indeed fun. We talked and joked along the way (I finally understand what they mean by 'the symptoms'), and after playing for about an hour and a half, we went back at about midnight. The other took buses or taxis and I walked back since Greenbelt was not that far from my apartment. Aubrey left earlier because he had to be home before midnight.

Here are some pictures I took when we were playing. The casts:

1. Me
2. Arvin V. Cirunay (a. k. a. El Carino --> That's 'The Romancer' in English :D)
3. Christopher Hernandez
4. Rexon Caliwanagan
5. Aubrey Carino, and
6. Ruel Cabcad

Arvin, Aubrey and Ruel (he's shy)

Rexon and Christopher

Thanks guys, for a fun night out! Let's do it again sometimes!

1 comment:

Arie said...

Correction: Arvin kicked my butt several times but I kicked his in the end ha ha ha!