Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Viva Las Vegas! (The Aftermath)

Vegas ended, and it was time to drive back to Los Angeles. I didn't go straight back to San Francisco, though. Stayed overnight at my buddy's place in Orange County. The next day he and his wife took me to go visit some of the nearest beaches there in Los Angeles. Forgot the names, but as the picture on the right suggests, one of them was called Newport. The beaches were okay, though nothing compared to the likes you'd find in Bali, or even the Philippines. Duh. But they did have some nice looking women there. Feast for the eyes.

In any case, Vegas was great. Even though many people would relate Vegas to gambling, the closest thing I did that came close to gambling was playing the slot machine and in my opinion that was tame. The shows, though, that was the biggest selling point of Vegas for me. Back in LA, my friend's wife made good on her promise, I got my Oakley Juliet for half of the selling price. I didn't get any shoes though, and now that I looked back I regretted that decision because the price was so cheap there compared to here in the Philippines or even in Indonesia.

After going around the beaches, visitting my friend's wife sports store (for the sunglasses), and some casual mall crawling, it was time for me to fly back to San Francisco. Check in was a breeze and I was up on the plane in no time. Arrived in SFIA around 10 pm, took the train back to Walnut Creek, and asked Halim (a colleague who happened to be there as well) to pick me up and bring me back to the quiet little hamlet that was Pleasant Hill. Had to bribe him with a box of Godiva chocolates to wipe off the frown on his face, but it was cool.

There you go, nothing much, but I sure am missing Vegas and its shows now. Hope there will be a next time. For the time being, Viva Las Vegas indeed!

No comments: