Sunday, November 04, 2007

Childhood

A long and arduous season it has been, my dear child,

Many a sunny days have passed coloring your skin brown,
Many a stormy nights have you endured,
Yet with innocent eyes braves you these days without a frown,
Though not yet it is your future assured.

Many a mistakes have you made, cuts and bruises inflicted, humiliating defeats
And yet many a victories have you achieved under,
the faces of the brilliant sun and the melancholic moon,
Your pure spirit and bravery, never they are torn asunder.
Alas, the end has come of your season of amazing feats,
Grown weary and bleak your heart will be soon.

Sleep then, my child, embrace the coming slumber,
Grant me the honor of taking over the reign,
and I will guide our chariot through the coming summer,
Towards duty and honor that has been ordained.

Sleep and carry yourself away to a land of dreams,
Build a castle made of clouds and hopes, so that one day I may gleam,
A castle of fortitude held up by the strongest beams,
From where we rule the lands of our life, oh so wonderful they all seem!

Come and go, these seasons will,
And come again your season shall,
Where you open your eyes to a perfect morning,
The sun shining, wind calling and rivers flowing,
And to your eyes will my gaze fell,
And remember a childhood so glorious I will.

No comments: